RELAX + REFOCUS
Center yourself by breathing in and out. Relax your neck and take time to let your muscles relax. Then read the passage aloud slowly. Take time to let the words “fall on your ear.”
READ GALATIANS 4:4-7
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. Galatians 4:4-7
REFLECT + RESPOND
Which of these ideas from the passage would you like to embrace more fully?
- Jesus came to redeem those who were under the law.
- Jesus came so that you might receive adoption.
- God has sent the Spirit of his Son into your heart, crying, “Abba! Father!”
- Jesus came so you are no longer a slave, but a son.
- Jesus came to make you his child and if a son, then an heir through God.
Talk with God about how you feel about this idea and how it connects to your life.
By Yvonne Biel