Truly my soul finds rest in God;
my salvation comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest…
Finding rest in God is key to soul care. Rest is at the very core of God’s design and it’s been his desire for you from the very beginning. However, caring for your soul cannot be limited to going to church, reading scripture, and praying regularly when you’ve been given a body, a mind, and a spirit.
God created you as a holistic human being which means every part of your life contributes to the health and flourishing of your soul.
What does your body, mind, and spirit need to keep your soul healthy in 2021? Here are a few suggestions to try incorporating in your weekly rhythm to find deeper soul rest this year.
- Exercise (move your body) to release stress/tension as a spiritual practice but then come down to a resting heart rate.
- Listen to music at 70 beats per minute.
- Take a relaxing bath.
- Savor your favorite drink.
- Breathe in truth (who God says you are).
- Use a Scripture Meditation App or Google Scripture Meditations on YouTube like this one.
How might practices like these help you find deeper soul rest? Before you finish today, write out a prayer asking God to help you find soul rest this year and listen for what he might suggest you include.
By Yvonne Biel