- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I’m better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
- Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
- Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
- Can I be trusted?
- Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits? When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
- Do I pray about the money I spend?
- Do I get to bed on time and get up on time? Do I disobey God in anything?
- Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
- Is there anyone I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward, or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
Witt, Lance (2011-06-01). Replenish: Leading from a Healthy Soul (p. 160). Baker Book Group. Kindle Edition.
Here are a few questions that John Wesley used to examine his own soul.